maandag 18 januari 2016

Changing my position in the world

I finally took the step to de-activate my medium-counseling website, which no longer serves a purpose. Maybe I could have done that a half year ago, but I wasn't feeling the need nor the want to stop the site. Clearly I needed some time to process the termination of the practice.

To be honest, I like having a web site. When I worked for the multinational, there was almost always an internal web site for me to manage. However, counseling and mediumship are no longer a work avenue for me to explore, so the matching web site has become unnecessary, and even misleading.I enjoyed its design, and its easiness of updating documents as well as creating new pages though.
Last week I took the decision last week to explore a writing career consisting of a.o. book writing, copywriting and blogging. So now I have a new excuse to create and maintain a web site. :-)

This morning I checked out the available domains, and found various open ones that could serve my upcoming career. I called the hosting company, SoHosted, employing very friendly and supportive people, and explained the situation: my wish to de-activate the current medium-counseling web site (with no possibility to be found online) and, when ready, to start a new web site, using the design and structure of the current web site. No problem for the guy who helped me. He renamed the wwwroot directory, and told me that they could easily link the directory at some point in time to a new domain of my choice. Easy-peasy!
Now I feel content and ready to take a next step that is closer to my heart's desires than the practice turned out to be.

This week I dedicate to going through my translated manuscript, and to preparing my meeting with the publisher this Friday. Afterwards: time to investigate the possibilities to write for a living, possibly as a freelancer. Maybe coupled with a part time job (when available) to cover the fixed costs for living.
Looking forward to it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten