dinsdag 2 februari 2016

Working on the publication preparations after a sunny holiday

A week break, it was lovely. I went last minute to Corralejo on the Canary Island Fuerteventura with my mum, my 50th birthday present from my brother who deserves a gold medal. We had a relaxed and sunny stay with bikini temperatures, lying next to the pool in the adult-only section of the Atlantis suite resort. I have never slept so noiseless in my entire life, I think. And we ate a lot. There was a substantial choice of very eatible food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nice staff and relaxed co-tourists.
Lots of kite-surfing on the Corralejo beaches. Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fuerteventura corralejo

Before the holiday I had a good and productive meeting with my publisher. We set up action items and a few deadlines. We discovered we are aligned, and we got on well. Pleasant atmosphere.
One of my action items was to go through and finish the manuscript for publication. I did that this morning, and sent the file to the publisher. Last week he created a contract proposal; I will go through that tomorrow and provide feedback. On Thursday I will create a text for the back cover of the book, and next week will be dedicated to creating a list with marketing targets for lectures and PR purposes.

Very pleased with these publication preparations. The book will become available around April/May is our current estimation. Looking forward to that!
In the meantime I aim to find some source(s) of income, in the writing area. I noticed a few weeks ago that a blogging site is recruiting professional bloggers for a couple of areas, such as science. Sending them my application can't hurt.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten